Satisfy your sweet tooth with this delicious vegan and gluten-free carrot cake! A perfect dessert for special occasions or just because. Try this easy recipe and enjoy a guilt-free treat!
Plant-Based | Vegan | Vegetarian
Time: 25 min | Makes: One 8-inch
- 1-3/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (Cut Cooking Gluten-Free Flour Blend)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar (Ecoideas Coconut Sugar)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (Omega Nutrition Coconut Oil)
- 3/4 cup can coconut whipping cream (Cha's Coconut Whipping Cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Vanilla & Spice Pure Vanilla)
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Add the sugar and whisk in.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, coconut whipping cream, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Add the grated carrots and pecans and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #eatforlifer #makeitglutenree — We love to see your